I have been nominated for an award. Not just any award, but the best kind of award, theLiebster Award -an award from a fellow blogger at https://deconstructingdoctor.com
This is an award given to small bloggers to help them gain some more views and get recognized.
The rules for the award are:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Here are 11 facts about me:
- I went to work not knowing I had a brain aneurysm, was having a stroke, and refused to leave until I finished with the patient I was caring for in the ER. (YIKES…..)
- I don’t believe in mingling friendships with work relationships….it’s just bad news! (ok so sometimes there are those FEW exceptions no one knows about!)
- I refuse to call a doctor I am working with by Dr. So and So…..I use their first name, like they use mine.
- I used to have speakers in my car that were so loud, I’m not sure I needed to pay for gas, I think my car was music propelled.
- Despite my usual 5 foot bubble rule (how far I want someone away from me as I don’t really like to be touched), I crawled up in the bed of a 90 year old woman whose son refused to come while she was dying. I held her in my arms and told her she wasn’t alone and stroked her hair, until she passed away.
- I refuse to go to the doctor, as I am an RN, because I don’t want to bother them. (Again see #1 …..yup, so maybe I am a dumb a@#)
- I was a European soccer goalie with a perfect record.
- I love the Dave Matthews Band so much, I found out where his house is near my home where I go to his concert EVERY summer.
- I write how I feel much better than I can say it.
- I hate to ask for help.
- I’m very bad at math yet I do medication calculations in my head all day without difficulty.
Here are the answers to the 11 questions from https://deconstructingdoctor.com
- If you could go back in time to live, what era would you choose and why? I would have to say I’d most probably choose WWII, as that is my favorite period of history to deconstruct and analyze. Not being Jewish, I think I would be a smuggler to save as many of those lives lost as possible. One man…..influenced a WHOLE country into genocide…..CRAZY!!!!!
- If you could only have one artist or album playing for the rest of your life, who/what would you choose? Wow this one is tough. If I had to choose just one ALBUM, it would be U2, The Joshua Tree. If it was only one artist…Blue October hands down.
- You must give up one of your 5 senses forever, which one would you choose and why? I do believe it would be smell as I am an Emergency and Trauma RN….I KNOW you guys know how bad a hospital smells! BLECH!!!!!
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would have finished med school and been a doctor…….or a forensic MD, in the bahamas, where I always had a drink in my hand …..oh wait….I’m thinking about Jimmy Buffet….my bad!
- Do aliens exist? Absolutely! Have you been in an ER in July when the new residents start….
- What is the greatest invention of all time? Hands down….the air conditioner!!!!!
- What is your biggest regret? Leaving my Dad’s side when he was dying because I had to work. He died at 0245 and my shift ended at 0300. That I wish I could do over EVERY DAY.
- What is your biggest accomplishment? -I think this just turned into a job interview I was wondering was I being hired as your own personal RN haha! My biggest accomplishment is by far my kids. They definitely, I think, will help to change the world. (Bragging time…one wants to be a psychologist and assist abused children, one wants to be a Veterinarian and is active in the ASPCA, while volunteering in a local shelter, all while maintaining AP classes in highschool with all straight A’s – Yeah since kindergarten…THAT’S an accomplishment, and the last wants to be an artist and she’s absolutely amazing and I love seeing the world through her eyes!)
- Why do you blog? I started doing book readings and reviews as a way to get through some of the harder times right after 3 strokes (left, brain stem, then right) as well as having the brain aneurysm that has so much pressure on my optic nerve I lost vision in my right eye. Then I decided that my experiences going from nurse to patient had some incredibly humorous moments, and I wanted to write them down and see….maybe somebody out there feels like me…nurse or not….what a wild ride this has become. It deserves its own theme park….just take it from me DO NOT GO THERE!!!!
- What is the single biggest problem facing humans today? SELF ENTITLEMENT!
- Is humanity doomed? I don’t think humanity is doomed…I just think people need to lighten up, give a little more, take a little less. If we could all stop and not just hear but LISTEN to what people are saying, the needs, I think the world would be a better place. (And, for the love of GOD, I want to get you out of pain just as fast as you want to BE out of pain, PLEASE don’t yell and cuss at the doctor’s and nurse’s trying to help you. If you come to my ER, believe me I didn’t send out an invitation, so you have come to be helped. Let us do that for you. That’s what EVERY person in healthcare wants to do. We however DO NOT want to be hit, cussed, spit on, yelled at, and threatened. Manners people…..they go a long way! 🙂 )
My nominees are:
Adventures of An Anxious Nurse
Here are my 11 questions for the bloggers I’ve nominated:
- If you could have a drink with someone from history who would it be?
- What was your most embarrassing hair style?
- If you could see 24 hours into the future what would you do with this ability?
- Do you have faith in the next generation? Why?
- What color underwear are you wearing?
- What do you miss from your childhood?
- What do you do to impress someone you are attracted to?
- In what way are your parents out of date?
- Would you rather live one life that lasts 1,000 years or live 10 lives that last 100 years each?
- What is the best thing and worst thing that has happened to you today?
- Would you rather have a large 10 inch long belly button that swayed to music or have accordions for legs?
2 thoughts on “I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award! Whoa!”
Fantastic! Loved reading this and getting to know you! You have been on one CRAZY journey! I would have picked smell, too…for the same reasons, haha.
LikeLiked by 1 person
ABSOLUTELY!!!!! Some says I wanna ram vicks up my nose hahahaha! Thanks for that. That was a ton of fun!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Comments are closed.